Saturday, December 13, 2008

No more meat?

Now I've gone and done it. Probably cook my goose by getting on some watch list or another, but I swear I just can't seem to be able to sit back and watch the march of the AR/AP and do nothing.

Read this first: http://www.brownfieldnetwork.com/gestalt/go.cfm?objectid=E947C639-B7D7-C7CE-1F34DDEA5D3E0E70

It just seemed like the last straw and so I did what they requested and this is what I wrote:

Sirs:
Secretary Schafer is quoted in the June 25 release by saying,
"I look forward to continuing USDA's work with both the Humane Society and the
cattle industry on addressing inhumane handling of animals, and I again thank
them for their efforts."

Hard as I try, I am simply unable to understand why the Secretary of Agriculture would actually want to do anything with the Humane Society of the US other than help lock up the leaders for the terrorists they are and the damage they have done, are doing and are planning on doing. HSUS had made its goal very clear.

"We have found that civil
disobedience and direct action has been powerful in generating massive attention
in our communities ... and has been very effective in traumatizing our targets."
JP Goodwin, Committee to Abolish the Fur Trade, National Animal Rights Convention '97, June 27, 1997, now employed by the Humane Society of the United States

"My goal is the abolition of all animal agriculture." JP Goodwin,
employed at the Humane Society of the US, formerly at Coalition to Abolish the Fur Trade, as quoted on AR-Views, an animal rights Internet discussion group in 1996.

“Whatever it takes to stop someone from abusing animals is certainly
morally acceptable.” Jerry Vlasak in answer to a question about animal
research, “Is murder on the table as an option.?” Utah KUTV, April
26, 2008.

and finally:

We have no ethical obligation to preserve
the different breeds of livestock produced through selective breeding ...One
generation and out. We have no problems with the extinction of domestic animals.
They are creations of human selective breeding. Wayne Pacelle, President,
HSUS, Animal People News (May 1, 1993) - Animal People News (May 1, 1993)

Please, help me understand what the goal of the Secretary of Agriculture is, if
it is different from the persons who represent HSUS.



So am I foolishly attempting to tilt with a windmill? Perhaps. Will you join me in this, cause I do know that if enough of us hop on that horse and ride it into town someone is bound to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment