Sunday, December 06, 2009

Serious Opinion Needed


I say this is a great picture. I love the expression on both faces. I love the pose. I think the color contrast is nice. Yes, it would have been nicer if Sanity's ear tip hadn't been cut off. Yes, it would have been better if the clutter in the upper right hand side wasn't there. But as dog shots go this one is a keeper for me.

I didn't take it. Yes, I did act as the 'handler' getting the poses, but I wasn't the cameraman. Nope, that skill was left to Sam (Rugby's owner).

Sam's blog is here:http://misterrugby7.blogspot.com/ She has lots of great pictures. Go take a look.

But now back to the voting thing. I already showed you the picture I like the best. Here is Sam's choice and a runner-up. You choose Runner-up



So what say you?

6 comments:

  1. Looking at Sam and Rugby's blog, she chose her first pick because the dogs look goofy- and they do. Personally, that would go in my "funny faces" photo file, and would go in a goofy post. It's an amusing shot.

    However, I like the one you've posted first the most, because the flash does not create harsh highlights and shadows on their faces (so it's not as dramatic as the third photo, which really shows off Sanity's cheekbones but sort of blends Rugby's chin into his body). With most photo editing software, the clutter can be turned into more green background.

    In order of my preference, I'd go 1, 3, 2... but they're all decent shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:15 PM

    #3 is my favorite by far...it's got the best balance and lighting, and great expressions.

    #1 tries to take the eye out of the picture in too many ways...darn it! I can see why it's your favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't get me wrong, I really love that picture.

    I just also like the one I put first for different reasons. I like the harshness too it (I actually upped the contrast to make it more harsh :p) and the *this is a funny shot between pictures* look that is there. The one I choose for my blog I chose because it is appeals to me on a different 'level' than the first. I think it shows more accurately the dogs personalities.

    The softer one is just more of a 'classic' than anything else. Appeals to me on a more superficial level. It reminds me of this photo actually...
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2701/4165456668_8ebf7c049d.jpg

    The last one you posted I think would actually by my least favorite since it is hard to see who the dogs are in the picture (personality wise), but also sort of a 'standard' shot, so I put it up.

    Phew. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess I was looking at it from the level of difficulty in getting the actual pose plus the right expression.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like 1 the best - its a lovely shot and the both look content? calm? ah serene is the word. It is a soothing picture and the contrast between the colors and sizes makes it more interesting to me. My next favorite is number 3, the contrast between the 2 dogs is remarkable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:43 PM

    I love #1 -- the expression on both dogs is priceless!

    Jeannine

    ReplyDelete