Saturday, February 25, 2006

Day 219

At the close of the Saturday morning retrieve class I ask for someone to put out the articles for me. Instead of working the 1 and 3 or 2 and 4 o'clock positions, I decided to move back to 12 and 2. After a refusal and then a wrong selection driven by her not appearing to use her nose she got the 12 o'clock position. The article was placed in the 2 o'clock position and she got it right away.

There was some discussion with a couple of my students about what was going on and foolish person that I am I made a tactical error. I didn't quit while I was ahead. Instead I had the article placed at 11 o'clock. I really did try to think strong positive thoughts, but all for naught. It was thirty minutes and many false starts, corrections, and refusals before we had another success. Believe me when I say I sure was happy to see that success and most definitely quit. The refusals were pretty much evenly split between her refusal to work and my refusal to quit. Just goes to show how wise it is to quit with the two successed and not try for more at this point.

There is an interesting power struggle going on between the two of us. It is really showing up big time with this scent work. She will go out sniff, indicate the correct article and the give me what I call "The Look". This look pretty much continues to mean, "I know what you want me to do and I am not going to do it."

Meanwhile, she and Tyler are getting along better and better. Sort of worried me. I am starting to have nightmares about the two of them teaming up and managing to outsmart me all together. Now that is a scary thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment