Thursday, September 08, 2005

Day 49

Day 49

Thursday’s are so long I sometimes wonder if they will ever reach the end. Now here I sit, everyone else is in bed and fast asleep and I am trying to finish up this last task of the day.

Nope, it just ain’t a gonna happen tonight. Will try again tomorrow.

Well here I am, back again. Course it is now Saturday and I am going to have to try and remember just what all happened on Thursday. Here goes:

We did a improptude MAD Gather and collected enough stuff to fill Linda K's big SUV with clothes and other things for those who have lost so much because of Hurricane Katrina. People and boxes of goods just kept on trickling in for the entire morning. Meanwhile, Sanity made herself very busy meeting and greeting and then when that got boring heading for the mulch pile to work on her hole digging skills.

Afternoon found us working on obedience ring skills and generally showing off how much has been learned so far. One of the biggest jumps is that she is now holding a stand/stay with me a full 6' away and not moving when touched or when I return to her. Not too shabby, not too shabby at all. Nap, dinner and then a very short rest and it was time to head out for class. This was our night to get to work in the class. Sanity is doing her stays with me 15 feet away now and is very, very serious about getting it right. She constantly checks with the dogs on each side of her to make sure every thing is as it should be. After stays, we actually managed to keep up with the group heeling pattern for about 10 minutes. By the time the final halt was called I don't know who was more tired, Sanity or me. Anyway, we were very glad to spend the rest of the class resting on the sidelines.

2 comments:

  1. did you find your sanity....try Triumph, the Comic Insult Dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure have. Found my Sanity that is. Nothing better than a good pup to help one view the world in a level, practical, reasonable maner. You get your priorities straighten out in a hurry. Eat, play, learn, sleep, eat, play, learn, sleep and repete the cycle over and over. Life is good. The sun is warm. Bugs are fun to chase. Some bigger dogs are friendly and some should be left alone. Keep it simple and even the rain will be gentle, soft and just the right amount. I know all these things cause I have my Sanity now and she told me so.

    ReplyDelete