Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Day 258

I kinda wandered around here all day like a lost soul. Not sure why, but some days are like that.

Worked Sanity on articles and am back to doing 3. She is sort of hung up on wanting to move them around with her front paws. I, in the meantime, have become hung up on switching from ear pinch correction to ecollar correction and a negative sound as my way of sacking her off the taboo articles. At one point, I swear we were out there doing some sort of Mexican stand-off, just a glaring at each other. Then Tyler proceeded to twinkle-toe his way between us and the stand-off was over and she brought me the correct article.

Guess I really shouldn't be too hard on her. After all, we were working the parking lot, the wind was blowing at way more than just a light breeze and several of the other dogs kept on walking over and around the article pile while she was working. She took to glaring at them as well. That worked better than the glare she shot me. When she glared at the other dogs them got the hint and moved away.

Her distance sits are just getting better and better. She is now at the point where when I say sit, she will break off play or anything else for that matter and whip around to sit facing me. I am just loving it.

Did all sorts of random sits with Tyler. He is starting to get the idea. I am not at all happy with the recall situation since I can't seem to get far enough away from him to get in a good recall. I did manage to sneak away a grand total of three times. Each time he did a good job of coming, its just that I know it is no ways near enough. As for walking on a leash, well he really would be most happy if I would just forget about it. I keep on telling him, "no way kid, this is something you have to do."

No comments:

Post a Comment