Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Day 83

I thought I didn't have time to work my puppy today, because I was way too busy getting ready for the upcoming weekend Workshop I am presenting in Easton. Talk about stupid choices on how to spend my time.

In the space of less than 6 hours, she ate a corner off the area rug in the living room, unpotted a couple of plants, tipped over the water bucket in the kitchen, dumped the trash basket in the office while I was cleaning up the spilled water in the kitchen, stole and attempted to kill one of my beanie babies, jumped up on the coffee table in the living room and I guess did a tap-dance, pulled all the pillows off the bed and was on her way outside with one when I caught her. Frankly, I would have been much better off to have just made sure I took the time to train her. She taught me well. I won't make that mistake again. I don't even want to think about what would happen if she were to be left alone or crated for 9 to 10 hours a day. Then again, rescue is just full of them.

Tired puppies are good puppies and she simply wasn't tired, so...Bedlam joined us for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment