Sunday, January 29, 2006

Day 192

The best laid plans of mice, men and one sorry dog trainer...
I really did intend to work on scent work today. Sadly, what I had planned to do simply did not happen, because and now come all the excuses I made to myself:
1. No matter where I looked, I couldn't find the little containers I wanted to use. I had film canisters fixed in my mind and just couldn't seem to switch to another idea.
2. Its the day I do household chores and rest and that is just the way my brain is wired.
3. I just kept on thinking I would get to it later and later never gets to me.

Then the day was done and I had managed to miss an entire training session. Tomorrow will come and when it is today I will figure out another way to do what I have in mind to do.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:17 AM

    Well finally, a day I trained my dog more than you trained yours! Only kidding Margot. I aspire to be as diligent as you. I'm not. I'm pleased Bugsy is doing well in Julia's Sunday class. Funny, treating Bugsy just likd a normal dog is allowing him to train up just fine. He's no Sanity but I'm not you either!!

    Happy training.

    Marilyn Burris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, how nice to be called diligent rather than OCD or narrow-minded or some other not very nice things. All used to describe my insistance on working a dog darn near every single day.

    What I know that other don't know is that it is really hard for me to get a good habit going and easy for me to give that same habit up. So once the training train gets rolling I know I dare not stop it. So I guess you could say I am fear motivated. I fear losing my momentum and not getting any training done.

    ReplyDelete