Sunday, January 08, 2006

Day 171

Sunday and I insisted that a shoe be retrieved in the morning and then I did the "unforgivable". I insisted a toy be retrieved in the afternoon. The day finished up with me at the bottom of the list of fun things.

Wrap is really getting disgusted with Sanity's being such a dolt about fetching. It is actually funny to watch. She sits on the sidelines and watches. I say fetch and Sanity says, "make me". Meanwhile, Wrap gets this sort of sour, pinched-lip, slit-eyed look and sort of glowers at Sanity. Eventually, my insistence and Wrap's glaring gets through the thick head and Sanity then does what she is supposed to do. Once she gets it right, I stop, and most interesting of all is that Wrap gives a loud sigh and leaves the room.

The flip side of the Wrap/Sanity interaction right now is that when Sanity gets it right the first time Wrap will invite her to play for a minute or two. This is a new one for me. The first time I have ever had an older dog so involved with the training of a predecessor that approval/disapproval was so clearly shown. Since Sanity does seem to want Wrap's approval just about as much as she wants mine, I think what Wrap is doing is a really big help. Sanity truly does have a tough act to follow when it comes to stepping into Wrap's super large shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment