Sunday, January 15, 2006

Day 178

Here is a picture of what Sanity worked on retrieving this morning.

Then we went out to breakfast with Randy and Paulette and this is what we looked like with Sanity practicing a down under the table. It was cold and windy outside. I don't have a clue as to where my brain was parked, but I do know I didn't manage to get it in gear. Poor Sanity had to deal with that cold, hard floor. Normally, I would have put a sweatsuit on her and like I said, I don't know what I was thinking about. She was not a happy camper, but did try hard to be good about it.

Jake and Lilly got to ride along and they waited in the car while we all went in to eat. This is what Sanity looked like in the car.

After she had a chance to get used to the idea of riding scrunched up on the floor at my feet this is what she looked like.

Then because of the tight quarters she was able to do something she has been wanting to do for weeks and weeks. She got to check out the inside of the camera. "Hello! Anyone in there?"

All this just was a lead up to the real reason for the outing. Jake and Lilly have a new bathtub and they were gracious enough to offer its use to Sanity. So Sanity got her first Maryland bath. As you can see, she turned into the incredible shrinking Doberman.Nasty, icky, wet waterWell, it is warm and maybe it doesn't feel so bad after all.Finally, clean and well rinsed, the climb out of the tub is undertaken.

After the bath we all headed upstairs to the family room for a lovely visit. Jake and Lilly were both very generous with all their toys and not bothered at all by the fact that Sanity finds it very difficult to hold still for long in any one spot and no toy is worth more than about 2 minutes before it is time for the next one. This was a day of many first.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:52 AM

    Margot,
    I want you to know that I throughly enjoy your daily updates on Sanity's training and mis-adventures.

    I had to put both of my Rescued Dobermans down this past summer and I miss them terribly. Reading your daily blogs has helped me deal with their loss. I look forward to getting a new Dobe puppy later this year and commencing its training. Each day I live without a Dobe is like a day without sunshine on my soul.

    Please keep up your updates and know that there are lots of us "Lurkers" out here in Cyberland silently cheering you on.

    Stay Safe,
    Mike Crimens
    Bayern, Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mike,
    Thanks for the encouragement. I must say, right now I need all I can get. The next few months are going to be both tiring and trying, since this whirling dervish in the form of a Doberman pup is enough to try the patience of even the most stout of heart.

    When I was younger seeing to the physical exercise needs of one of these pure energy beings was easy. After all, doesn't everyone run 5 miles in the morning and have time to throw multiple field bumpers a couple of times a day while fitting in a couple of challenging training sessions and do this on a daily basis? HA!

    Then I got a little older, but it was still ok since I was living on 10 wooded, rolling acres and fit the "has room to run" mold to a tee. Now I have 1/10th the space and 1/1000th the energy myself and I am finally learning just how hard it really is to raise a good Doberman to adulthood when they finally locate their sense of propriety.

    Hope you find your Doberman soon. I truly can't imagine or don't want to imagine how dark life would be without one.
    margot

    ReplyDelete