Sunday, March 19, 2006

Day 241

Even thought I swear I'm not doing anything on Sundays I felt I had to do something about Tyler. He is starting to look way too fuzzy for me. Figured I could at least do his face, feet, tail and tummy (fftt) with the idea of a bath, blow dry and finish getting done on Monday. HA! My clipper blade was so dull and his coat so dirty it was like trying to get the job done with hedge clippers.

Way back when, when I owned a grooming shop had a bather/brusher, much less a groomer turned in a job like I just did I would have fired them on the spot. So to make a long story short he got his fftt sort of done. There will be no bath and finish job tomorrow because I finally woke up to the fact that I was going to have to order some new grooming tools. The tools I currently own have been sitting in a tack box in the basement for so long they are pretty useless. (note to self: must find a good sharpening man)

Four different times today Tyler went up on the back porch and then insisted there was no way he could get back to the ground. I explained to him that I was not amused.

********************************************

Sanity took a huge step forward today. After watching her work her two articles at the 4 and 7 o'clock positions I decided it really was time. Time to add the third article. So the article set-up became correct, taboo, taboo. This put the correct article back in the original starting point with a taboo as the center point and a second taboo in the 3 o'clock position.

Sent her and she went straight to the correct article, but you need to remember it was in the 9 o'clock position. She picked it up and started back only to get a puzzled look on her face and quickly turn back to the pile. Then she dropped the one in her mouth and started to pick up the center taboo article only to spit it out and grab the 3 o'clock article, turn, stop and spit it out. She then went back to the correct article and picked it up and froze. After waiting for a few seconds I went on and called her to me with a single "good". Will have to be careful to not continue with the voice at that point. However, for a first time I was well pleased with the results. She was so pleased she started leaping straight up in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment