Thursday, March 30, 2006

Day 252


It is prettier today than it was yesterday. Much as I am glad to see the sun, I really worry about the continuing drought. We need rain so much and all we get are cloudy days with nary a drop of moisture.

The coolest thing happened this morning. Sanity voluntarily picked up her food pan and carried it to the office. I guess, no I know I haven't been paying enough attention to her. I think it was her way of saying, "see me, see me now". I sure did see her and was I pleased. After what seems like months of arguing with her about when, why, and how she was to pick up the pans, all of a sudden there she stands pan in mouth and smiling at me. Amazing, totally amazing.

Our Doberman boy student is really coming right along. Today was the day we start the down command and wanting to make sure everything went just right I saved it until last. Since he was working in the yard with all the other dogs out and about he was pretty tired. Sanity did a nice job of demonstrating the how to part and the urge to rest made the introduction ever so easy.

Once they left it was back to the office grind for me. Taxes finished and sent off to the accountant I was still facing a three article deadline. So instead of getting to enjoy the outside I was forced to slave away in the office.

For some reason almost everyone was either sick or off at shows and we actually didn't have enough people to hold a class this evening. We have to have 7 in order to be able to pay the rent. So instead of class it turned into an early night for me and no work on articles or much of anything new for Sanity. Sometimes life really does get in the way.

And about the picture at the beginning of this entry. So many people keep on asking what that awful sound is. The one they can hear when they are trying to talk to me on the phone. Well, if a picture is worth a thousand words, I just wrote that thousand words explaining the sound and the makers of said sound. Tyler is totally convinced that he is a Doberman.

No comments:

Post a Comment