Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Day 251

The sun is shining and I'm betting it is going to be a nice day.

And so it was, for everyone except me. I was forced to spend most of my day inside chained to my chair, slaving away on the dread tax matters. However, there was one bright spot in my otherwise unpleasant day. Lauren came for lunch and we ate outside for the first time this year. She and Tyler spent time getting to know one another.


Then after we ate lunch, Lauren and Tyler went for their first short walk.


After walking it was time to try out riding. Sanity and Lilly both rode when they were puppies and stepped up to encourage Tyler to just hop right on. So where is he? Look for the tiny black blob touching the ground and you are looking at a Tyler tail. Here is what it looks like from the other side. He seemed to think that riding was an okay thing to do and didn't really want to get off.

It sure is hard to get even a half way decent picture of a black dog.

Before she left, Lauren helped with our scent work. While I have Sanity working three articles once again I was thinking about wringing her neck. She kept on insisting she should bring one of the ones with Lauren's scent on it back to Lauren. We finally managed two sort of good finds of article and then called it a day.

My take on what was going on with Sanity was that first we were paying more attention to Tyler than to her. Second, because of the tax stuff she has been getting pretty short shift from me. I got her message, loud and clear.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:08 AM

    I can't believe you were upset with Sanity over the article event. I had a similar experience and thought it was great. I start scent with no scent and my scent, when the dog gets that I add the other people scent to the mix. Recently did that with my dog. The person who handled the articles was sitting next to the pile. Dog went out, sniffed the first "other" scent article, went right up to the person and pointed him out. It was though he was saying I'm not stupid and I don't have a stupid human nose, you can't fool me. He did go back to work and get the correct one. I thought it was quite funny. I suppose like all humor, dog humor is all about timing. Sanity is probably too far along in her training for you to be amused by her antics.

    Thanks for blogging,

    Myra Miller

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:48 AM

    Margot,
    Is that a Cairn Terrier I see mooching around in the background of the 7th picture?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Australian Terrier. He's our yard Parliamentarian.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Myra - Sanity and I have been locking horns over silly little thing on a pretty regular basis. She is a very strong will dog with more personal opinions than a person could shake a stick at. If I make the mistake of cutting her too much slack, she ends up running with it and getting into major trouble.

    Right now I know she is PMSing something feirce.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:59 PM

    Aussies have a lot of Cairn in them. Those dogs have RULES! LOL

    ReplyDelete