Saturday, February 11, 2006

Day 205

Lucile and the Six Pack left yesterday with the plan being that they make it back up their mountain in West Virginia before the snow storm hits. Meanwhile, Sanity shot out of bed this morning and flew around the house checking to see just who was and wasn't here.

I have a house plant who is currently facing yet another puppy pruning in its long life with me. At this point I am looking to move it to a safer place before it becomes much too one-sided. This particular plant is more than 40 years old. I inherited it from my first husband's grandmother, it was old then and I have had it for 30+ years. It is just a plain vanilla peace Lilly but big, really big. Besides which I am sort of attached to it. I don't have a clue as to why each and every single Doberman pup I have ever owned at some point or another seems to feel the need to grab pieces of it on the fly, but they all do. When that happens I just move it to a safer location until the madness passes, which it does.

Managed to get in two training sessions with the articles at 11 and 12 o'clock respectively. Right now all I have to do is move from one side of the training room to another and she is certain she mustn't, shouldn't, wouldn't go out to the two article pile and make a choice. After a time, several false starts, a couple of corrections for just grabbing the first article she comes to, she starts using her nose and gets it right bam, bam. I am betting we stay with two metal articles for a full four weeks.

Had her do two boards/broad jump for a total of 10 times. Of course with it only being two boards and pushed so close together they almost touch she really doesn't have to put herself out at all. But with my not being able to do the running passes I have always done in the past, this will just have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment