Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Day 209

I did it! I figured it out! Granted this has nothing to do with training Sanity, but trying to self-teach myself how to write the blasted program code for this site has been a major pain. Note the side column and the new addition. Yes, I realize it isn't in the best font, nor is the layout the easiest to read, but it is there and I did it all by myself. WHOOPEE

Well what just happened beats all. Sanity just showed up at my desk with her ecollar in mouth. Do you sort of get the feeling that she wants me to stop with the keyboarding and come work her? Guess that is exactly what I will do.

Scent work: First session was 12 o'clock and 1 o'clock. No problem at all. No hesitation, if anything it was a little difficult getting her to stay put long enough to get the second article on the floor. She sees an article on the floor and is raring to go. So I think I can safely say her confidence is building nicely.

Second session was with a different helper and the positions were 1 o'clock and 2 o'clock. Again, no problem. She is almost too eager, but at the same time I can't complain too much since she is coming back with the correct article each time.

Third session and we were back to having Jesse (son) put out the taboo article. So now there were two familiar scents out there. She actually carefully worked (sniffed) both articles a couple of times before bringing back the right one. The positions were 12 o'clock and 2 o'clock. Tomorrow we will make a larger change in positions.

One thing I did notice about her sits. When she has had to actually think about which article she should choose her sit front and her finish are much better than when she just rushes out, grabs the correct article and rushes back to me. Don't know what, if anything that means, but it is interesting to observe.

No comments:

Post a Comment