Sunday, February 19, 2006

Day 213

Sunday,it is freezing cold and the furnace is broken. All we have for heat are a couple of little space heaters. The furnace quit at about 11 p.m. last night. I have already put in one call pleading for help and suspect that in an hour or so I will repeat the call and then will most likely continue repeating the call until I manage to find help. Why? Why, oh will someone please tell me why the furnace breaks on the coldest night of the entire year?

Put in the second call an hour after the first call and about 20 minutes later I heard from our savior. Let's all stand up and give a shout for the small family run business. Mel Muir, wonderful man of Muir Service, a true service company with real old fashioned values. He just laughed when he heard our plight and was here to fix the problem in less than an hour. I do feel sorry for all you folks who have to deal with the large, soulless companies who want your money in exchange for nothing or next to nothing.

Since it turned out to be warmer outside than inside I bundled up and went out to take a few pictures. Here is what I managed, before stiffness made it impossible to push the shutter button:

This picture needs an explanation. I was handling the camera and Sanity was the one handling the "string". She was taking Tyler for his first walk. Unfortunately, no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't seem to get both of them in the same picture.


Here he is on a mission to who knows were to do who knows what?

He is finally figuring out that bouncing like a ball may be fun, but you don't get very far. He finally gave up the bounce and settled into a run.

I think this shot, no I know this shot was the best I could do at properly showing him off. Isn't he lovely? Look long and hard at all that puppy coat, cause it won't be here for long. No time nor patience to groom when I could be training.

And least you make the mistake of thinking he was out in the yard alone, here he is sharing some good smells with Sanity. __________________________________

I knew it had to hit sooner or later and it looks like the 5 o'clock position is the beginning of the stumbling block. Send Sanity for the article when it is in the 3 o'clock position and there is no trouble in finding it. But there is that hint of a problem hovering around the edges, because she goes right out, sniffs and then begins to knock the article around with her foot and then flips it a couple of times with her mouth before she picks it up and brings it back to me. Move to the 5 o'clock position and she insists she needs to bring back the taboo article. The thing about it is that there is absolutely NO sniffing going on at that point.

I sort of get the feeling the positions between 5 and 9 o'clock are going to be a battle. And here I was hoping we would just slip on around the clock without too much of a problem. Ah well, better to get this over with now that to let it build into a serious problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment