Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Day 118

I think I got a major break through today. Sanity managed a six foot retrieve three different times with what I think are pretty heavy distractions. Specifically, she was having to fight her way through the pack to get to the dumbbell and then push and struggle through the pack to get back to me. After the third success we stopped. I sure didn't want to spoil a good thing.

Later we practiced distance sits and downs along with the rest of the pack. The problem between JerseyGirl and Sanity seems to be just melting away. Any testiness between them and I am on them to do "push-ups" (i.e.: sit/down/sit/down/sit/down until they forget what it was that was bothering them. Interestingly enough, both of them appear to be having a hard time with the "OK" release command right now. I say, "OK" and they both continue to do whatever the previous command was and don't appear too interesting in stopping. Since I like to stop before they do, I figure this just helps to make them all the more eager to work for me. At least, that has always been my plan.

Its really pretty wonderful, the way jealousy may be turned into a training tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment